Upcoming Microsoft Changes to LDAP and its Impact to your Infor/Lawson System
Microsoft recently announced plans to enforce LDAPS secure connections to and from Active Directory using SSL certificates (encrypting all traffic). This change, scheduled to be implemented in the 3rd quarter of 2020, will impact all applications that still rely on LDAP bind connections to Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) in your environments.
Impacted Lawson Applications:
- Lawson System Foundations (LSF) using AD LDS instances for your Authorization Data Store (Lawson Security).
- Lawson System Fondation (LSF) using LDAP Bind to your corporate Active Directory for user authentication. Most clients who have implemented Landmark for Infor Process Automation (IPA) and LSF will have at least one ldap bind service for backend communication between LSF and Landmark which does not currently support AD FS authentication.
- Infor Federated Services (IFS) synchronization connections to Active Directory.
What can you do now in preparation of the change?
- Add LDAPS support for Infor Federation Services.
- Determine if LDAPS is already being used in your LSF and Landmark Environments.
- Update all LDAP Connections to LDAPS using SSL Certificates.
What are the next steps?
Check out the KB article 2111967. The KB article links to additional articles with instructions on how to configure LDAPS for LSF, Landmark and IFS. If you have questions regarding this change or need help implementing it, Intellias can help! Reach out to your rep, contact us through the website HERE or Connect with Intellias on LinkedIn.
Follow us on LinkedIn to see our latest blog posts and webinars!